Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Daily dose of buffness

My gym work out for the day:

30 minutes on the elliptical (while watching Fresh Prince of Bell Air - Ha)
Lower Body Exercises
Stretches I learned in PT

I called my orthopedic surgeon because I'd ideally like to have my surgery before 1/1/09 because I have already met my out of pocket max (read: free surgery instead of thousands of dollars). The surgery scheduler called me and said my doctor would like to meet with me. She said sometimes the hand heals on its own and surgery isn't necessary. I made an appointment for next week. I wonder how often it heals without surgery. I guess I'll have to wait and see. Before my first surgery they said sometimes when the nerve grows it attaches to the muscle and hinders thumb movement. I cannot currently hold a cup or move it on that plane, but I can make my hands into the number 4.

I think it is completely ridiculous I am basing medical decisions on finances. I went to college, I have a job - but this is not enough. My insurance is poo poo.

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter