Thursday, December 4, 2008

Is hot sauce considered a food group?

Lunch today:





The Fresh and Easy Dijon Marinated Fake Chicken comes with two "chicken breasts." There is WAY too much marinade so I cooked the "chicken" and took paper towels to wipe it off.

To my broccoli and fake chicken I added: Tabasco, Sriracha hot chili sauce, and crushed red pepper flakes.

Spicy and Delicious!

Health Benefits to eating Spicy Food:
- A protein receptor binds with capsaicin to manage chronic arthritis pain.
- The consumption of chile peppers increases peripheral circulation and lowers blood pressure.
- Chile Peppers increase endorphin production - those mood-elevating substances which are released when performing aerobic exercise (I knew they made me happy!)
Eating hot peppers can reduce the discomfort of the flu (in part, by promoting sweating). It also opens clogged breathing passages, and functions as an effective expectorant (I am sniffling up a storm as I type this).
- Hot peppers inhibit the growth of H. Pylori, the bacteria that causes certain kinds of ulcers.
- Hot peppers can speed up metabolism and help the body burn calories faster. F
- Many studies have shown that regular consumption of chilies and curry decrease the risk of cancer. The compound, capsaicin, also kills cancer cells by attacking their energy-producing mitochondria without damaging healthy cells.
- Hot peppers may help to improve heart health by boosting the body's ability to dissolve blood clots.

Part of my hot sauce collection can be seen here. I keep part at home, part in the fridge, and part at work.

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter