Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Made these up in my pretty little head

Re: Recipe Exchange!

My sista (!) just became a vegetarian (I have been one since December 2001) and I was talking to her about the importance of fiber and protein. 

App:
- Take one package pre-made rolls
- Cut each roll in half and roll out
- Spread cream cheese on the dough (get low fat b/c it spreads easier)
- Top with a little bit of cut pineapple chunks
- Top with some chopped "bacon" (I use Morningstar farms and microwave the bacon for 30 seconds and then chop it up)
- Roll the dough up
- Brush with egg white
- Cook until Golden Brown
[I've also done this with pickled jalapenos]


Dinner:
- Cook 2 cups Rice 2 cups water (or vegetable broth for more flavor)
- Stir in 
  * salsa (as much as you'd like, I added a good amount) - I used Target's Cilantro Jalapeno ...sooo good!
  * 2/3 can of black beans
  *1/2 can of pineapple chunks (she doesn't like spicy food as much as me so I used the sweetness to balance the spiciness)
- Place "chickn" strips across top (Use one bag cooked Morningstar Chickn Strips. I put a little EVOO in a pan and brown each strip) or you can use tofu.  I found See Bride Run and there is the most amazing tofu recipe on there - and I've had a lot of tofu in my day and this is the best!
- Put a couple chunks of Pepperjack Cheese over the "chickn"
- Cook in oven at 350 until the cheese melts

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter